Scope. These terms and conditions govern our relationship with any user that interacts with the Good Food Network via this website. When you click on links on the Good Food Network you may leave our website. We are not responsible for the practices of other websites, and we encourage you to read their terms and conditions before use.
Defined terms. In these terms and conditions any references to "we" or "us" or "our" are references to the Good Food Network.
Change. The Good Food Network reserves the right to update and change these terms and conditions at any time. Unless stated otherwise, the terms and conditions published on our website are our current terms and conditions and supersede any prior agreements.
2. Access to our website
You will be able to access most areas of our website without registering for an account with the Good Food Network. However you may be asked to confirm whether you are over 18, in order to view age restricted content, or to choose a county, in order for us to make your experience of the website more local.
Certain areas of our website are only open to you if you register with us. From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts of our website, or our entire website, to users who have registered with us.
3. Ownership of content and information
You own all of the content and information that you contribute to the Good Food Network. As such you are responsible for ensuring that the content and information you contribute is accurate and that it does not infringe or violate someone else's rights or otherwise violates the law.
If you become aware of any material on our website that you believe infringes your or any other person's rights (for example copyright) you should contact us immediately to report it. By registering for an account with the Good Food Network you grant us permission to contact you to verify any content or information you contribute.
For content and information that you contribute that is covered by intellectual property rights, like photos and videos, you grant us a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, non-terminable worldwide license to use, copy, distribute, adapt, translate, publish and transmit such content in any manner.
When you contribute content or information on the Good Food Network you accept that you are allowing complete public access to that information, including to people outside of the Good Food Network, and acknowledge that this information may be otherwise appropriated, used and associated with you.
Except where mentioned above the copyright in all other material contained in our website, including but not limited to business and event data, website design and graphics, software and underlying source code belong to the Good Food Network. All rights are reserved. The automated and/or systematic collection of data from this website is prohibited. None of this material may be, downloaded, reproduced or redistributed without our written permission.
We do our best to keep the Good Food Network safe, but we cannot guarantee it. We need your help to do that, which includes the following commitments:
- You will not bully, intimidate, or harass any user.
- You will not contribute content that: is hateful, threatening, or pornographic; incites violence; or contains nudity or graphic or gratuitous violence.
- You will not use the Good Food Network to do anything unlawful, misleading, malicious, or discriminatory.
- You will not contribute unauthorised commercial communications to the Good Food Network.
- You will not solicit login information or access an account belonging to someone else.
- You will not offer any contest, competition, giveaway, or sweepstakes ("promotion") on the Good Food Network without our prior written consent. If we consent, you take full responsibility for the promotion, and will follow all applicable laws.
- You will not upload viruses or other malicious code.
- You will not do anything that could disable, overburden, or impair the proper working of the Good Food Network, such as a denial of service attack.
- You will not facilitate or encourage any violations of these terms and conditions.
5. Registration and Account Security
The Good Food Network requires users to provide their real names and information. Here are some commitments you make to us relating to registering and maintaining the security of your account:
- You will not provide any false personal information or create an account for anyone other than yourself.
- You will not create more than one personal profile or attempt to register as the representative of a business that you do not have the authority to act on behalf of.
- If you run, own or work for one of the businesses or events featured on our website and you register as a Good Food Lover, you will not use your personal profile to represent or promote that business or event on the Good Food Network.
- If we disable your account, you will not create another one without our permission.
- If you register as a Good Food Lover, you will not use your personal profile for your own commercial gain.
- You will not use the Good Food Network if you are under 13.
- You will not use the Good Food Network if you are a convicted sex offender.
- You will keep your contact information accurate and up-to-date.
- You will not share your password, let anyone else access your account, or do anything else that might jeopardise the security of your account.
- You will not transfer your account to anyone without first getting our written permission.
6. Protecting Other People's Rights
We respect other people's rights, and expect you to do the same.
- You will not contribute content or take any action on the Good Food Network that infringes or violates someone else's rights or otherwise violates the laws.
- You will not contribute personal identification documents or sensitive financial information to the Good Food Network.
- You will not tag users or share content from the Good Food Network with non-users without their consent.
- You will not use our copyrights or trademarks (including the Good Food Network Logo) without our written permission.
- You will not use the copyrights or trademarks of product, businesses and events featured on our website without the express permission of their respective owners.
- You will not collect information about or seek information from users of this website.
- You will not collect users' content or information, or otherwise access the Good Food Network, using automated means (such as harvesting bots, robots, spiders, or scrapers) or in a any other manner without our permission.
All payments made through the Good Food Network are subject to our payments terms. By making a payment you agree to these additional terms.
8. Special Provisions applicable to representatives of Businesses and/or Events
The following additional terms apply to any individual or organisation that represents a business and/or an event on the Good Food Network:
- You may only administer the website pages related to a particular business or event ("mini-website" if you are an authorised representative of such.
- When you publish content or information to your mini-website we have no obligation to distribute your content or information to users.
- If you display any content on your mini-website that is or could be construed as an advertisement, that content must comply with our advertising terms
- Should your mini-website contain content relating to the promotion of alcoholic drinks (or any other content which we deem unsuitable for individuals under the age of 18), you accept that the Good Food Network will restrict access to this content in order to comply with all applicable laws.
- You may not establish terms beyond those set forth in these terms & conditions to govern content contributed by users on your mini-website.
- You will not issue any press release or make public statements about your relationship with the Good Food Network without our written permission.
Our goal is to deliver advertisements that are valuable to both advertisers and users. In order to do that, you agree to the Good Food Network presenting advertisements to you on the basis of any personal information that you have provided (including, but not limited to, your age and location)
10. Special Provisions applicable to Advertisers
The following additional terms apply to any individual or organisation that purchases advertising on the Good Food Network:
- When you place an advertisement, you provide details of the audience that you wish to target and the duration that you want your advertisement to run. We do our best to deliver your advertisement to the audience you specify over this period but we do not guarantee that in every instance your advertisement will reach its intended target.
- In instances where we believe doing so will enhance the effectiveness of your advertising campaign, we may broaden the targeting criteria you specify.
- We do not guarantee the activity that your advertisements will receive, such as the number of clicks you will get.
- You will ensure that your advertisement complies with our advertising terms, but accept that we may reject or remove your advertisement at any time for any reason.
- You warrant that you have the legal authority to represent the subject of your advertisement.
- You accept that payment for your advertisement is made in accordance with our payments terms and is non refundable. However you can contact us to cancel or remove an advertisement you have already paid for should you wish to do so.
- We will determine the size, placement, and positioning of your advertisements.
- We cannot control how people interact with your advertisements, and are not responsible for any fraudulent activity or other improper actions that may be associated with the advertisements you place.
- We may use your advertisements and related content for marketing or promotional purposes.
12. Liabilities, Indemnities and Disclaimers
We try to keep the Good Food Network up, bug-free, and safe, but you use it at your own risk and subject to the following stipulations:
- We are providing the Good Food Network "as is" without any express or implied warranties including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement.
- We do not guarantee that the Good Food Network will be safe or secure or that our website is free from viruses or anything else which may have a harmful effect on any technology.
- We use reasonable endeavours to ensure that the data contained on our website is accurate and to correct any errors or omissions as soon as practicable after being notified of them. We disclaim all warranties and representations (whether express or implied) as to the accuracy of any information contained on our website and do not accept liability for any errors or omissions.
- The inclusion of any content or information concerning, or links to, third-party products or services does not imply endorsement of these products or services by the Good Food Network.
- Should access to our website be suspended, restricted or terminated at any time we will not be liable for any lost profits or other consequential, special, indirect, or incidental damages arising out of or in connection with unavailability of the Good Food Network website.
- We are not responsible for the actions, content, information, or data of third parties, and you release us, our directors, officers, employees, and agents from any claims and damages, known and unknown, arising out of or in any way connected with any claim you have against any such third parties.
- If anyone brings a claim against us related to your actions, content or information on the Good Food Network, or arising out of your failure to observe any of these terms of this conditions, you will indemnify and hold us harmless from and against all damages, losses, and expenses of any kind (including reasonable legal fees and costs) related to such claim.
- We will not be liable for any lost profits or other consequential, special, indirect, or incidental damages arising out of or in connection with these terms and conditions or the Good Food Network, even if we have been advised of the possibility of such damages.
- Our aggregate liability arising out of these terms and conditions or the Good Food Network will not exceed the greater of one hundred pounds sterling (£100 GBP) or the amount you have paid us in the past twelve months.
Here are some legal considerations and other stipulations that you need to be aware of:
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law and any disputes shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts, to which both parties submit.
- If any portion of these terms and conditions is found to be unenforceable, the remaining portion will remain in full force and effect.
- If we fail to enforce any of these terms and conditions, it will not be considered a waiver.
- Any amendment to or waiver of these terms and conditions must be made in writing and signed by us.
- You will not transfer any of your rights or obligations under these terms and conditions to anyone else without our consent.
- All of our rights and obligations under these terms and conditions are freely assignable by us in connection with a merger, acquisition, or sale of assets, or by operation of law or otherwise.
- Nothing in these terms and conditions shall prevent us from complying with the law.
- These terms and conditions do not confer any third party beneficiary rights.
- You will comply with all applicable laws when using or accessing the Good Food Network.
Well done for making it all the way to the bottom. If you've read through and are still in need of answers then please contact us and we'll do our best to answer any questions you have.
01 September 2011